Master of Business Administration
Introduction to the Program
Master of Business Administration at the University of Hong Kong (HKU) is a two-year program taught in English.
The University of Hong Kong is a public research university located in Pokfulam, Hong Kong. Founded in 1911, its origins can be traced back to the Hong Kong College of Medicine for Chinese which was founded in 1887, it is the oldest tertiary institution in Hong Kong. It is considered as one of the most prestigious universities in whole Asia.
About The University of Hong Kong MBA
Students can take all of their courses at HKU, many of them alongside our part-time MBA students, most of whom are employed at the middle/senior management level in regional companies. Working together with such experienced individuals gives full-time students a greater insight into the region and helps them to connect with potential employers.
Alternatively, students on the Hong Kong/China track have the option to take China-focused electives at Fudan University for approximately three months in the spring. Our partnership with Fudan University, a top-ranked university in China, provides students with access to all of the university’s facilities and to the large pool of HKU IMBA alumni in China. In addition to classroom learning, students are exposed to various aspects of the Chinese business world through seminars, industry interfaces, real-world projects and enrichment workshops.
The HKU MBA’s dual focus on Asia and China business renders the programme highly relevant to the wider region’s dynamic, ever-evolving business environment. The China focus is achieved through special courses with China elements, regional case studies, field trips, seminars and conferences, Chinese language training, company visits and the aforementioned Shanghai-based studies.
Requirements for admission to the full-time HKU MBA programme in partnership with London Business School and Columbia Business School/HKU MBA with China business concentration:
- Recognised bachelor’s degree
- Satisfactory GMAT score
- Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based)/80 (Internet-based) or IELTS band 6.5, with no subtest score lower than 5.5
- At least two years of postgraduate full-time work experience (as on July 2018)
The following documents need to be submitted along with the online MBA application:
- Official transcripts and other academic supporting documents OR documents which have been certified by a notary public (e.g. Degree certificate) (transcripts and degree certificates are not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- Official GMAT report
- Official score report of an English-language proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS (applies only to applicants with qualifications from institutions outside Hong Kong where the language of instruction/examination is not English)
- Reports from two referees
- A copy of your passport (page with photo)/photo ID
Program Start Date
The tuition fees are RMB450,000 for the 14-month program.
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be processed and before an admissions decision is given. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.