PhD at Nottingham University Business School China
Introduction to the Program
The PhD Program at Nottingham University Business School China at The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) is a a three to four-year postgraduate degree program taught in English.
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. Established in 2004, with the full approval of the Chinese Ministry of Education, we are run by The University of Nottingham with cooperation from Zhejiang Wanli Education Group, a key player in the education sector in China.
The University of Nottingham is in the top one percent of more than 7,500 higher education institutions worldwide and league tables consistently rank the University highly. For more info visit the page here.
About the Program
At Nottingham University Business China, we are committed to training the next generation of business scholars. We offer PhD opportunities in many areas of business with supervisors available for wide range of interests and with excellent facilities on campus. RAE 2008 confirms our position as a leading centre of research excellence.
Uniqueness of our PhD degree programme:
- Intensive training: NUBS China PhD programme has in place a rigorous process to ensure gain of knowledge, research and teaching experience.
- International academic experience: 10% of students are international, leading research supervisors from more than 20 countries and leading centre of research excellence (RAE 2008).
- Nurture capabilities: As per the job market requirement this program demands great deal of time, initiative and continuous learning with the full time students.
Students admitted to the University to study for a Doctorate are normally registered at PhD level. At the end of year one, subject to the satisfactory completion of the annual review, a student’s PhD status will be confirmed. If progress is unsatisfactory, students may be downgraded to MPhil status or advised to terminate their study.
- Applicants will normally be graduates of an approved university holding a Master’s degree in a relevant subject (normally with an average over 65% in the taught modules and normally 65% in the dissertation, or its equivalent).
- Applicants may also be considered for admission if they have an honours degree in a relevant subject (with at least first class or its equivalent). Professional, business or industrial qualifications are also valued for some research areas.
- Please enclose transcripts of all your academic qualifications with your application form. Interested applicants who have not yet fully completed their Master’s or undergraduate degree should include a transcript of the marks received to date. Any offer made would be conditional upon achieving the required standard.
English Language Requirements
We normally require you to achieve one of the following combination of test results (taken no earlier than 2 years prior to the time of application) for entry to the Doctoral Programme (IELTS preferred).
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least 6.5 with a minimum score of at least 6.0 in each of the four individual elements of the test.
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 600 with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of at least 4.5 or computerised test equivalent of 250 with a TWE of 4.5 or an internet TOEFL score of 100 with no less than 19 in each of the four elements.
Start Date of the program
It is recommended that applications be received latest by July.
The tuition fees are RMB90000 each year. The total tuition fee for the 4 year program is 360000 RMB.
The University has several buildings designated for international students, building 11, 18 and 20. All rooms are fully furnished and equipped with air conditioning and a telephone and computer point; enabling students to make and receive telephone calls and access the University’s data network from their bedrooms. For further information on the accommodation visit the accommodation page here.