Bachelor’s in Pharmacy
Introduction to the Program
The Bachelor’s in Pharmacy at Jinan University is a four year English-taught undergraduate degree program for international students.
There are many special features that Jinan University can be proud of: one of the oldest universities in China and one of the “211” key national universities in China, the 1st university in China that recruits foreign students, the 1st university in China that enrolls students at both spring and autumn semesters, the 1st university that pioneered the implementation of credit system in China, the university with the largest number of overseas students, the only university that finds her alumni in both Chinese and foreign state-level leaders in China… For more info visit the page here.
About the Program
This program is designed to train students with sound basic knowledge, comprehensive expertise and skills in pharmacy science and a good command of English expression and communication skills. This program prepares students for careers in the fields of clinical pharmacy, research and development of drugs, production and management of drugs, drug analysis drug marketing, etc.
The principle of “laying a good foundation and strengthening practice” is to be implemented for this program. By involving students to lectures, laboratory experiments and fieldwork, the students trained under this program are expected to
1. have a good command of the basic theories, expertise and skills in medicament chemistry, pharmaceutical analysis pharmaceutics, pharmacology and pharmacy.
2. have a good knowledge of basic methods and technology in quality control of drugs, pharmacodynamics and evaluation on drug safety;
3. have a good knowledge of basic methods and technology in preparation of major drugs;
4. possess basic skills in drug preparation design, management of drug preparation and production;
5. have rich knowledge of laws, policies and regulations on pharmaceutical administration and marketing;
6. have a sound knowledge of clinical medicine and a good knowledge of evaluation of new drugs and the use of drugs in clinical practice;
7. be well-informed of the latest development in the field of modern pharmacology; have a sound mastery of basic methods of pharmaceutical literature retrieval; and be able to do practical work and scientific research related to pharmacy. and
8. have a good command of translation skills of English technical documents in the field of pharmacy.
Start Date of the Program
September or March
High school graduates with a relatively high degree of English proficiency
August or February
Major Courses: Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Medical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacy Administration and Introduction to Medicine
The tuition fees are RMB26000 per semester. The total for the 4 year program is 104,000 RMB.
Jinan University offers a wide variety of dormitories located on campus. For further information on the accommodation visit the accommodation page here.