Hutong School’s Summer Camp is organized in such a way that young learners, from 15 to 18 years old, not only learn the Chinese language in a very effective way, but also experience a deep cultural immersion, making friends from all over the world. With our Summer Camp, students can learn at their best having fun at the same time, being accompanied by a trained supervisor!
About Hutong School
Founded in 2005, Hutong School is the leading foreign owned Chinese language school in China. With locations in Beijing & Shanghai, Hutong School is the school of choice for anyone who wants to do an internship in China or learn Chinese in China.
Overview of the Summer Camp
Our program includes Mandarin Chinese lessons in the morning and cultural activities in the afternoon to provide a complete life experience in China!
Participants can enjoy their cultural immersion hassle-free thanks to our 24/7 organizational support. There will also be an interpreter available during the whole stay.
24/7 supervision and assistance
Students will never be alone and will enjoy their stay without any worries.
Hutong School takes care of its students in every moment, by making them feeling safe and protected with a new family away from home Our staff is always at your complete disposal: a supervisor will accompany students during their whole stay, providing a 24/7 assitance.
Plus, an interpreter will be ready to solve language and cultural comprehension problems anytime, also to enrich students’ cultural experience!
Hutong School’s innovative teaching method particularly suits Western students: it focuses on the oral practice of everyday situations and students are challenged to practice what they’ve learned, aiming at applying language learning to real life:
- Small groups (maximum 10 students)
- Students are divided in different groups according to their Chinese language level
- Schedule: from Monday to Friday, 9am to 12pm
- Each class lasts 50 minutes, followed by a 10 minute break
Sightseeing & Cultural Activities
The Summer Camp furthermore consists of 18 different activities:
- Sightseeing to the main Beijing historic and touristic sites (tour to the Great Wall, Summer Palace, etc.)
- Lecture about “Studying, working and living in China”
- Cultural activities organized by Hutong school (introduction to Chinese opera, calligraphy, etc.) to provide you with a full understanding of Chinese history and culture.
Start Dates of the Program
You will live in shared apartments located a short subway ride away from the School. For further information on the accommodation visit the accommodation page here.