Master’s in Chemical Engineering and Technology
Introduction to the Program
The Master’s in Chemical Engineering and Technology at Hainan University is a three-year program taught in English for international students.
About Hainan University
Merged with the South China University of Tropical Agriculture and the former Hainan University in August 2007, the present Hainan University (HU) is a key comprehensive university at provincial-level as well as a university jointly sponsored by Hainan people’s government and the Ministry of Education. It is one of the “211 Project” key universities.
Applicants should be a non-Chinese citizen in good health over 18, well-behaved and capable of living independently. When entering HNU, applicants for undergraduate programs should have completed their secondary education and obtained a high school diploma or equivalent; Applicants for postgraduate programs should have completed their undergraduate studies and obtained a Bachelor Degree or equivalent; Applicants for doctoral programs should have completed their postgraduate studies and obtained a Master Degree or equivalent.
Applicants for Chinese-taught programs are required to obtain HSK Band 4 with the score of or above 180. (applicants for undergraduate program major in the Chinese language is required to obtain HSK Band 3). Applicants for English-taught programs are required to obtain one of the following English tests: a score of 560 or above (paper-based test) or 78 or above (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or a minimum overall band of 6.0
- Valid Passport Copy
- Application Form for Admission to Hainan University
- Notarized certificate of the Highest Academic Diploma in Chinese or English
- Academic transcripts during the whole study period（written in Chinese or English)
- Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors
- HSK certificate(Applicants for Chinese-taught programs), or certificate of IELTS or TOEFL (Applicants for English-taught programs)
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The original copy should be kept by the applicant. Click here to download the form)
- Certificate of Non-Criminal Record
- Bank Statement
- Application fee of 400 yuan/RMB.
Start Date of the program
The tuition fees are RMB 16,500 per year. The total for the three-year program is 49,500 RMB.
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be processed and before an admissions decision is given. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.