Master’s in Chinese Government and Governance
Introduction to the Program
The Master’s in Chinese Government and Governance at Fudan University is a 2 year Master’s degree program taught in English.
About Fudan University
Fudan University was founded in 1905 and located in the cosmopolitan city of Shanghai. Fudan is a comprehensive multi-disciplinary research university with many highly-ranked majors and programs, and is a member of the C9 League, Universitas 21 and Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU). For more info visit the page here.
About the Program
The Master of Chinese Government and Governance combines rigorous academic curriculum and analytical and evidence based skills to equip students and professionals facing real world governance and policy making issues. The program aims to empower students with strategic visions, practical expertise and fundamental theories of public management. With a minor in public management in China, this program holds independent thinking and solid analytical skills on issues of public policy, government operation and civil participation at its core. After two-year study in MPM, Students are expected to be highly proficient in public management theories and practices. They can either pursue future Ph.D. study or work as professional in public and private sectors and non profit organizations.
About the School of International Relation and Public Affairs (SIRPA)
The School of International Relations and Public Affairs (SIRPA) at Fudan University has a long and distinguished history. Founded in 1923, it had experienced the hardest time of the country and witnessed the comprehensive national reconstruction and development. In 1964, the Department of International Politics founded its roots as one of the nation’s top three departments in the specific area. The reform and opening-up have borne witness to the development of disciplines like Political Science and Public Administration which, along with International Relations, have become the pillar disciplines of the School of International Relations and Public Affairs.
Start Date of the Program
Completion of what Fudan University considers the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s or higher degree program from an accredited college or university.
English Proficiency Requirement
- Previous ESL coursework or English composition courses, even when taken in the United States, will not satisfy the English proficiency admission requirement.
- Applicants who have not met the minimum English proficiency requirement by the application deadline or who have not taken one of the English proficiency exams by the deadline will not be considered for admission.
- Exception: International students whose primary and secondary education took place in Australia, Canada (English-speaking provinces), Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand, or the U.S. are exempt from this requirement.
For an application to be considered and reviewed, students must submit one of the following English proficiency test scores:
- TOEFL iBT – minimum score 90
- International English Language Testing System(IELTS) – minimum score 6.5
The tuition fees are RMB70000 per year. The total for the 2 year program is 140,000 RMB.
Fudan Foreign Student Dormitory is constituted by the Main building and the Supplementary building. For further information on the accommodation visit the accommodation page here.