Frequently Asked Questions


Applying and Requirements

Which program can I study in China?
Degree programs (Bachelor, Master, PhD) in multiple fields, and non-degree programs in Chinese language or business.
Please choose the programs here:
How to apply to Chinese universities?
Step 1: Choose the program
Step 2: Start your online application on our platform
Step 3: Complete your application (fill it in, upload the documents, pay the application fee)
Step 4: Submit your application – under the China Admissions Team review (1-3 working days)
Step 5: China Admissions submit it to the University – under the University review (4-8 weeks)
Step 6: University Invitation for Online Interview / Entrance Exam (for qualified candidates)
Step 7: Final Admissions Result
What is the age requirement to apply?

In general,

– Non-degree program: 18-60 years old
– Bachelor program: 18 – 25 years old, but some universities do consider 18-30 years old.
– Masters program: 18 – 35 years old
– PhD program: 18 – 40 years olds
What is the requirement for students who are under 18 years old?

If you are under 18 years old, you need to have a guardian in China.

The guardian must be currently residing in China, and he/she can be either a Chinese citizen or a foreigner with a valid Chinese work permit. The guardian must go through the notarization process in order to provide the legal guardianship letter for your University application.

How to choose the best program for me?
You can use this formula to help you make a decision.
1. Choose your major. 
You have to know your passion or your future goal and determine which major is the right one for you. For example, if you wish to become a businessman one day, then you can pursue Business programs.
2. Determine your budget
There are numerous Chinese universities open for international students. Determining your budget helps you in choosing the right university for you. The tuition fee in China for degree programs is around US$ 2,500 – 13,000 per year.
3. Find a Preferred Location
It is better to set a preferred location because China is so big in terms of size. Moreover, you can also narrow down your options by knowing your preference in terms of living cost, weather, etc. For example, if you prefer to stay in cold-weather cities, you can consider studying in Harbin.
You can then search for programs here:

Documents Requirements

What are the required documents?

Here’s the list of documents required

In addition, most universities will also ask students to submit the following additional documents:

  • Non-Criminal Record
  • Foreigners Physical Examination Form
How to write personal statement or study plan?
For Bachelor application, the personal statement should not exceed 800 words
For Master and PhD applications, the personal statement should not exceed 1,500 words
Here’s a video to guide you on how to write the Personal Statement
What is the financial guarantor statement?
A guarantor is a person who will help you in case of a financial or medical emergency. The guarantor statement is mostly signed by a close relative of yours. You have to submit it because the University needs to know that in case of emergency there will be a person who will take responsibility for you.
Example of financial statements: bank statement, salary slip, sponsor letter, etc.
Here’s the video on how to prepare the Financial Guarantor Statement
Do I need to take English proficiency test for a degree program in English?
For English-taught degree programs, an English certificate is needed.
Examples of English Certificate: TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, China Admissions IET
However, if you are a native English speaker then you don’t need an English certificate.
If you are a non-native speaker, universities don’t require a TOEFL/IELTS certificate if your previous education was taught in English. Just provide evidence that the medium of instruction of your previous education was English. Sometimes this is already stated on your graduation certificate but if not, please provide a letter from the university/school confirming this with a seal and signature
Chinese universities may also accept other English certificates for specific programs, e.g. China Admissions IET which you can register here
Watch the video here on how to prepare the English Certificate
Do I need HSK for a degree program in English?

No, if you are applying for English-taught degree programs, you don’t need to provide HSK certificate.

But, if you are applying for Chinese-taught degree programs you’ll have to pass HSK (usually HSK 5 minimum).

Cost of Studying in China and Fees

Why do I have to pay the application fee?

The application fee is required by the University to process your application. It covers the cost of preparing your admissions letter and visa form and sending it to you in your home country.

The application fee is always paid before admission and it’s not refundable, no matter whether you get the admission or not.

How much is the application fee?

The application fee is different in each University, but usually, it is around US$ 80-150 each.

Do I have to pay China Admissions for the services as well?

Our basic service is free because we are funded by the Universities. You can read more about our free service here.

But we also have Priority Service, Guaranteed Service, and VIP service.  You can check our services here or contact us by email at for more information

How much is it cost to study in China?
It is relatively affordable to study in China.
The tuition fee are as follows:
– English-taught Degree program (Bachelor, Master, PhD): starts from US$ 2,500/year
– Non-degree program (Chinese language program): starts from US$ 1000/semester
Living expenses (accommodation, meal, transportation, daily necessities): US$ 500-900/month; depends on where you live in China.
P.S. Living cost in Beijing and Shanghai will be higher compare to other cities in China.
Are there any scholarships? How to apply for scholarships?
Yes, you can read our complete guide about Scholarships in China here:

Here is a list of scholarships we can help you can apply for, please check:

For Chinese Government Scholarship CSC fully-funded scholarship, Application period: January to March for the September intake.

You can apply by yourself on their official website or, you can use our Scholarship Consulting Service to help you apply for CSC Scholarship

Do you have any other questions not answered?

Check out other topics here

or fill in the support form here, and our team will respond to your inquiry by email

Join 150,000+ international students and get monthly updates

Receive Admissions, Scholarships & Deadlines Updates from Chinese Universities.
Unsubscribe anytime.