Tongji University’s School of Economics and Management is hosting a Master of Global Management Online Experience Day online info session for 2021 applicants. Get all the details and register now.
Online Info Session Details
- Topic: Master of Global Management Online Experience Day: China in Transition – From Imitator to Innovator?!
- Organizer: Tongji University – School of Economics and Management (Tongji SEM)
- Time: 17:30 pm, 13th April 2021, Tuesday (Beijing Time, GMT+8)
- Format: Online via Zoom
- Language of Instruction: English
About the Lecture
- Tour the campus.
- Enjoy the lecture, talk to the professor, and be-friends with classmates worldwide.
- Get a taste of their top-ranked MGM program
- Join live Q&A session
- China’s total GDP ranks second in the world. The nation’s economic rise is mostly rooted in serving the world as a ‘workbench’ during the first 40 years after its economic opening. However, competitive advantages based on traditional production factors such as cheap labor are diminishing and are no more sufficient to further drive China’s economic growth. Becoming an innovation powerhouse is the only path for future success.
- In this lecture, we will discuss three questions. First, what is the current status of China’s path towards an innovation-driven economy? Second, what are the particularities of Chinese innovators and governmental innovation policy? Third, what are the major roadblocks for China to become a leading nation in innovation?
About the Speakers
Prof. Dr. Zheng HAN
Associate Professor for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Tongji University – School of Economics and Management
Dr. Zheng HAN is an Associate Professor for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the School of Economics and Management, Tongji University. He studied in Germany and holds an Industrial Engineering Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from TU Braunschweig. He completed his Ph.D. at the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland, and was a scholar of the Swiss National Science Foundation, visiting scholar of the China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) in China and the Wharton-SMU Research Centre in Singapore. His articles appear in renowned international journals such as the International Journal of Technology Management, the Journal of Knowledge Management, R&D Management, and the International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management. Professor Han teaches EMBA and top executive programs for leading business schools and universities such as ESMT Berlin, ESSEC Business School, ETH Zürich, Mannheim Business School, and the University of St. Gallen. Professor Han works on strategy, innovation, and marketing advisory projects and delivers frequently executive workshops for MNCs, tech startups, company builders, and “Hidden Champions” such as BASF, Bosch, Continental, Freudenberg, Heraeus, IBM, Leica Cameras, Merantix, Metro Group, Porsche, Schindler, Siemens.
Dr. Haiying LI
MGM Program, Tongji-SEM
Dr. Haiying Li is a teacher and scholar who specializes in Economics and Investments, which studies the structural changes of the Chinese economy and the development of Chinese capital markets. Li’s research focuses on economic growth and financial instruments.
Ms. Maggie YU
MGM program, Tongji-SEM
Ms. Maggie Yu is mainly responsible for admission procedures, student consultation, and program marketing.
About the Master of Global Management Program
The Master of Global Management (MGM) is a full-time English-taught postgraduate degree program customized for international recent graduates and young professionals with interest in both international management and Chinese economy, aiming to take up leadership positions in their careers.
The program intends to develop students’ knowledge and skills of managing global business and enhance students’ international exposure for leadership role in cross-cultural working environment.
Employment Rate: 100%
Average Salary 3 Years after Graduation: $84,670 USD per year
Career Service ranked 6th worldwide
Value for Money ranked 10th globally
(Source: Financial Times, Master in Management 2020)
Register for the Online Info Session
Complete the form below for your registration.