Master of Science in Global Health
Introduction to the Program
The Duke Kunshan Master of Science in Global Health (MScGH) program was launched in August 2014. Drawing on a faculty, experience, and expertise from the Duke Global Health Institute (DGHI), while supporting students in research around the world, the program and curriculum can be tailored to your individual interests and career goals.
Each student’s path through the program will be slightly different but united by a common recognition that an interdisciplinary approach and multidisciplinary understanding are critical to solving complex global health problems.
Duke Kunshan University (DKU) is a Sino-American partnership of Duke University and Wuhan University aiming to create a world-class liberal arts and research university which will offer a range of academic programs for students from China and throughout the world. A non-profit, joint-venture institution, Duke Kunshan University was granted accreditation approval by China’s Ministry of Education in September 2013 and welcomed its inaugural class of students in August 2014.
About the Program
MScGH Program Vision is to meet the global health challenges of today and tomorrow and to achieve health equity worldwide, especially in China, neighboring Asian countries, and other Low-and Middle-Income Countries.
MScGH Program Mission is to train the next generation of global health researchers, practitioners, and leaders through a high-quality educational program and participation in research.
To prepare students to be effective researchers in the field of global health:
- Digest and synthesize foundational literature and research studies into an interdisciplinary framework of global health.
- Understand and apply a range of foundational quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Discuss and apply concepts of responsible conduct of research in international and cross-cultural settings.
- Design and implement a research project in a cross-cultural setting; collect and analyze data focusing on health disparities.
To develop successful professionals for competitive positions in the field of global health (such as industry, government, NGOs, clinical practice, and academia)
- Demonstrate interdisciplinary expertise and versatility, including the recognition that a multidisciplinary and multi-sector approach to health is viewed as essential to reduce health disparities and improve global health.
- Demonstrate depth of specific methodological skills sets.
- Communicate research and academic principles clearly and professionally both orally and in written form.
- Identify a diverse array of career and academic opportunities within the field of global health, regardless of their intended path.
The final application deadline for Fall 2022 is May 1, 2022.
Start Date of the Program
The start date of the program is August 2022.
Because Duke Kunshan University graduate degrees are considered Duke University degrees, the Duke Kunshan application process is similar to that for Duke University’s graduate programs.
Applicants to Duke Kunshan University’s graduate programs must hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. In addition to the prerequisite bachelor’s degree, the following are required:
- Statement of Purpose (500 – 1,000 words)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official GRE Score
- Official TOEFL score (minimum score of 90 required) or IELTS score (minimum score of 7.0 required)
Tuition Fees for international students are 326,000RMB per year or 652,000RMB for the total duration of the programme.
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be processed and before an admissions decision is given. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.