PhD in Computer and Information Engineering
Introduction to the Program
The PhD in Computer and Information Engineering at Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen is a 4-5 year program for international students taught in English.
Start Date of the Program
(i) a Master’s degree from recognized university; or
(ii) graduated from recognized university and obtained a Bachelor’s degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class or equivalent; or
(iii) graduated from an honours programme of recognized university with a Bachelor’s degree, normally achieving an average grade not lower than “B”; or
(iv) completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
(v) fulfilled the ‘English Language Proficiency Requirement’:
The applicant should either:
- possess a pass grade in English in one of the following examinations:
Hong Kong Advanced Level Exam. (AS Level)
Hong Kong Higher Level Exam.
CUHK Matriculation Exam., or
- achieve Level 4 or above in the English Language subject of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination; or
- have a degree from CUHK(SZ), or recognized university with English as teaching language, or
- submit one of the following original score reports/certificates for assessment by the Programme concerned:
TOEFL* (not lower than 550 paper-based; 213 computer-based; and 79 internet-based)
GMAT (Verbal, not lower than 21)
IELTS (Academic) (not lower than Band 6.5)
- have obtained a recognized professional qualification awarded in Hong Kong or an English speaking country.
The tuition fees are RMB95000 per year. The total for the 5 year program is 475,000 RMB.
About the Application Process
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. Applications take 4-6 weeks before a decision is given, and students are accepted on a rolling basis. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.