Master of Arts, Translation and Interpreting Studies
Introduction to the Program
The Master of Arts, Translation and Interpreting Studies at Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen is a one year program for international students taught in English.
About the Program
The MAT&I Programme provides rigorous training at the postgraduate-level for linguistically and culturally competent talents. It teaches the students fundamental skills to acquire a good grasp of the operational mechanisms of the target languages (Chinese and English) and develop an informed understanding of the complexities underlying the cultures of the languages.
The objectives of MAT&I Programme is to equip students with the following academic and personal transferable skills as their learning outcomes:
- familiarity with the core concepts and major developments in translation and interpreting studies;
- knowledge about the range of techniques and methodologies available in translating and interpreting between Chinese and English;
- ability to present and evaluate professional, cultural and ethical issues and articulate them with precision and lucidity in both Chinese and English;
- ability to assimilate, analyze and evaluate complex information in both Chinese and English;
- ability to process and complete translating and interpreting tasks with a high level of competence.
Start Date of the Program
All applicants should fulfill the requirements prescribed below:
- Graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor’s degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than “B” ; or
- Graduated from an honors programme of a recognized university with a Bachelor’s degree, normally with honors not lower than Second Class; or
- Completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honour’s degree
- Fulfilled the following English Language
– TOEFL (normally not lower than 550 Paper-based;
213 computer-based; or 79 internet-based); or
– IELTS (Academic) (normally not lower than Band 6.5); or
– GMAT (Verbal, normally not lower than 21);
The tuition fees are RMB100000 per year. The total for the 1 year program is 100,000 RMB.
About the Application Process
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. Applications take 4-6 weeks before a decision is given, and students are accepted on a rolling basis. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.