Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region Government Scholarships for Neighboring Countries
Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region Government Scholarships for Neighboring Countries (hereinafter referred to as Government Scholarship) are full scholarships.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
The Government Scholarship provides support to both degree oriented programs and non-degree oriented programs. The former includes undergraduate program (4 or 5 years), master program (3 years), and doctoral program (3 years). The latter includes Chinese language and Chinese culture programs (1 semester or 1 academic year), general scholar program (1 semester or 1 academic year), and senior scholar program (1 semester or 1 academic year).
Chinese language training shall be arranged before the major study. If the major study program is conducted in English, there will be no Chinese language training. Duration of the scholarship is decided in the enrollment process.
The scholarship covers registration fee, tuition, accommodation fee, medical insurance that is the same as Chinese students’, and living allowance, which falls into the following three categories:
- Doctoral student and senior scholar: 1,500 RMB/person/month.
- Master student and general scholar: 1,200 RMB/person/ month.
- Undergraduate student and Chinese language student: 1,000 RMB/person/ month.
When to Apply
Applications are accepted from March to August
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for general scholar program must have bachelor’s degree or completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 45.
- Applicants for Chinese language studies must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above or hold academic title of associate professor or above and be under the age of 50.