Hubei Provincial Scholarships
In order to adapt the development of study abroad in china and increase the use efficiency of scholarship for international students, Hubei Province have established regulations of Hubei Provincial Scholarships Management for the purpose of talents cultivation, scientific researches, social service and cultural exchanges in universities and colleges.
Scholarships are provided for supporting tuitions in principle. According to different amounts, scholarships should be divided into five categories: Undergraduate Scholarship is 10,000 per year; Graduate Scholarship is 15,000 RMB per year; Doctorate scholarship is 20,000 RMB per year; General Scholar Scholarship is 5,000 RMB per 6 months or 10,000 per year; Advanced Scholar Scholarship (including visiting scholars, similarly hereinafter) is 10,000 per 6 months or 20,000 per year.
The standard of scholarship for foreign students enrolled as the requirement of the external agreement that Hubei province signed should be implemented according to the external agreement.
When to Apply
Scholarship Applications should be accepted by all universities and colleges between February and June.
Applicants should be foreign citizens with valid passport and, should be friendly to China.
Applicants should be well-behaved, hardworking, grade excellent and in good health.
Requirements on applicants’ academic degree and age：
- Undergraduate scholarship applicants should be within average age of 25 years old and have obtained degree equal to Chinese High School Degree or above.
- Graduate Scholarship applicants should within the average of 30 year old and have obtained bachelor degree.
- Doctorate Scholarship applicants should be within the average age of 35 years old and have obtained master’s degree.
- All General Scholar Scholarship applicants should be within the average age of 40 years old and Chinese language scholars should have obtained Higher School Degree or above, professional scholars should have obtained bachelor’s degree or above or should be university students in grade 2 or above.
- Advanced Scholar Scholarship applicants should have obtained master’s degree or above and associate professor title or above, and should be the average age of 50 years old.
The requirement for applicants’ Chinese language proficiency to be decided in accord with the major to be learned and language of instruction.
Applicants do not obtain any financial aid from Chinese government or other organizations.