Chinese Government Scholarship-PIF Program
PIF Program is a full scholarship established by MOE to encourage students from Pacific island countries to study and conduct research in China.
This program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable.
The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory study), as specified in the Admission Letter.
The Program provides full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS-Coverage and Standard for details of each item. This scholarship also covers a one-way air ticket (economy class) for new scholarship recipient to China upon their first registration and a one-way air ticket (economy class) back to their country from China upon their graduation.
When to Apply
You need to apply between early January and early April.
Applicants must be a citizen of a PIF member country, and be in good health
The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs
- be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs
- be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs