Chinese Government Scholarship-Great Wall Program
The Great Wall Program is a full scholarship established by the Chinese Ministry of Educationfor the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to sponsor students and scholars in developing countries to study and conduct research in China.
This program only supports general scholars and senior scholars.
Scholarship recipients who are admitted into Chinese-taught programs and who are without adequate Chinese proficiency are required to get the approval from both CSC and UNESCO for one academic year Chinese language study.
This scholarship covers, in general, one academic year of study.
The Great Wall Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
UNESCO covers international travel fare, a monthly pocket allowance and a termination allowance.
When to Apply
You need to apply between early January and early April.
- Applicant must not be a citizen of the People’s Republic of China
- Applicant must be in good health, both physically and mentally
- Applicant must be a holder of bachelor’s or master’s degree or their equivalent
- be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs
- be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.