Students at Sino-British College have a unique opportunity to start their degree in China but complete their degree in the UK. With regard to Business Management students can go to 9 different UK universities after completing their initial studies at SBC. Just under half of SBC students transfer to Leeds University or Sheffield University, both members of the prestigious Russell Group, after completing SBC first and second years. There are many different business programs that students can complete at SBC partner universities.
SBC as a whole is a British University College in Shanghai that offers degree courses in Business and Engineering. As an institution, Sino-British College is owned by nine UK universities and one Chinese university. These are:
- University of Bradford
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Leeds
- Leeds Beckett University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- University of Salford
- University of Sheffield
- Sheffield Hallam University
- University of Shanghai for Science and Technology (USST)
Courses are delivered either entirely in Shanghai or part in Shanghai and part in the United Kingdom. SBC’s programs are considered pathways. Most popular pathways are 2+2, 3+1 and 4+0. A 2+2 would represent two years in Shanghai and then two years in the UK; a 3+1 is three years in Shanghai and then one year in the UK and a 4+0 means four years in Shanghai and 0 years in the UK. Some international students, due to their high school qualification, will be allowed to enter SBC in Year 2. This means the pathways available will be 1+2, 2+1 and 3+0. SBC Year 1 is a foundation year that is internationally recognized around the world, it is accredited by NCUK.
Students at Sino-British College also benefit from the following:
- UK education at an affordable price (80,000 CNY)
- 5 different kinds of scholarships are available including 50% off scholarships.
The following scholarships are available for applying at SBC:
1) Early Application Scholarship
New students enrolling at SBC coming from overseas and the regions of Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan will automatically receive 10,000 CNY (≈1,500 USD)scholarships if they apply before March 31st, 2018. This scholarship can be used in combination with Friends and Family Scholarships, Collaborative School Scholarships and an EAP exemption scholarship.
2) Friends and Family Scholarship
Students who have been recommended by a friend or a member of a family that once studied at SBC will also be entitled to a 10.000 CNY (≈1,500 USD)scholarship.
3) EAP Exemption Scholarship for undergraduate students
Students with IELTS 6.0 enrolling in foundation year will be entitled to a 20% scholarship. They will not be expected to complete EAP as part of their course.
4) High Achievers scholarship
Students achieving high grades at the high school could be entitled to a 20,000CNY (≈3,000 USD)Scholarship related to their grade. To see the grade requirements please contact the SBC International Office.
5) Principals Outstanding Student Scholarship
Two students in 2018 will be entitled to the Principles Outstanding Student Scholarship Award, which is worth 50% of tuition. This scholarship will be awarded to two outstanding students who have achieved excellent grades at high school and who can show that they understand, embody and will be able to promote SBC’s core values of Responsible leadership, Enterprise and Innovation and Cultural Empathy.
- Internationally recognized British undergraduate degree qualifications
- All classes taught in English from academics from across the globe
- Free Chinese Lessons (up to HSK 4)
- Great post-graduation career prospects (98% employment or further study within 6 months)
- On-Campus accommodation at the center of Shanghai
- Friends and classmates from around the world
How to Apply
Documents you need to apply:
- High School studying certificate/ graduation certificate;
- High School transcripts with School/University stamp or signature;
- Relevant English language certificate;
- Personal Statement (if you want to apply for the scholarship or if you have gap years);
- Passport Copy.
- Top 5 Places to Study Chinese: Your Path to Language Fluency - May 30, 2023
- Our Goal is to Help Empower a New Wave of Students to Understand China - May 10, 2023
- BLCU Online Classes Deadline is coming up on 31st March - March 29, 2023