The application deadline for self-financed students for September 2021 intake at Shandong University (SDU) is fast approaching. If you have no idea where to start, read this Shandong University admissions guide!
The deadline of application is on Monday, 31st May 2021 for all English-medium programs: bachelor, master and PhD programs. To prevent a situation where applicants are unable to submit supplementary materials, applicants are advised to complete the application before Monday.
How to apply
To start your application at Shandong University, search for your preferred program, click apply now and upload all your requirements.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good physical and mental health and possess a valid foreign passport.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must submit relevant supporting documents at the time of application and entry.
- For those who were originally Chinese citizens and later became foreign nationals, and those who have acquired a foreign nationality at birth, one or both of the parents are Chinese citizens and have resided in a foreign country, are subject to the regulations as stated in Document No. 12  of the P.R.C Ministry of Education and applicants must submit relevant supporting documents.
- For Bachelor applicants: must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- For Master applicants: must possess a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- For PhD applicants: must possess a Master’s degree or its equivalent.
- Non-native English speaking applicants need to submit the results of the IELTS (6.0 or above), TOEFL (80 points or above).
- Non-native English speaking applicants who obtained their highest degree in an institution where the language of instruction is English, do not need to provide IELTS/TOEFL scores. But they must submit proof of the language of instruction and the letter has to be stamped by the university and signed by an employee of that university.
- Biographic page of your passport
- High school diploma (bachelor applicants), Bachelor’s degree diploma (master applicants), Bachelor’s and master’s degree diploma (PhD applicants)
- If diploma is not available, a pre-graduation certificate must be presented to affirm the applicant will graduate soon
- Transcripts of records
- Letter of motivation in Chinese or English
- Language proficiency proof
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- No criminal record certificate
- Statement of Financial Support through a Guarantor and its supporting documents
- Additional requirements for Master and PhD programs: two recommendation letters by professors or assistant professors, proof of employment (if applicable), abstract(s) of essay(s)/graduation thesis/a list of publications (if applicable)
About Shandong University
Located in the economic powerhouse and cultural heartland of China, Shandong University (SDU) is one of China’s top universities and is well-reputed for world-acclaimed researchers, dedicated teaching staff, and superior campus facilities and services.
Shandong University is one of the initiative universities of modern Chinese higher education. Its medical school, established in 1864, signified the beginning of modern Chinese higher education. Its main body, Shandong Imperial College (Shandong Da Xue Tang) established in 1901, was the second national university in China, only after the Imperial University of Peking.
As one of the first universities finding its name on the list of Project 211 and Project 985, Shandong University has been developing by leaps and bounds in recent years, and each of its undertakings has reached unprecedented levels.
Learn more about Shandong University here.