Chinese New Year (also known as Spring Festival) officially begins on January 24th and ends on January 30th, 2020. It is the year of a Rat to the Chinese Zodiac.
Spring Festival is the grandest festival in China, dominated by red lanterns, fireworks, massive banquets, and parades. Like Christmas in Western countries, Chinese New Year is the time for a family reunion, cooking and enjoying a meal together.
Spring Festival holiday notice:
- Chinese Consulates and Embassies around the world will have holidays from 24th to 30th of January. Therefore, we advise all our students to arrange their time well with visa applications.
- The majority of Chinese Universities will have holidays from mid of January till mid of February due to the winter semester break.
- China Admissions team will also have holidays from 24th to 30th of January.
Even though Chinese Universities are closed, China Admissions team will be operating, so you can still apply on China Admissions platform. We will review your application and make sure all the documents meet the university requirements during this time, and process your admissions after the holiday as soon as the universities are back.
If you are arriving in March 2020 to China, please make sure to do all the things listed below before arrival:
- Book your accommodation
- Get the visa
- Book your ticket
- Book airport pick-up HERE
- Install WeChat and Book a buddy HERE
- Make copies of all relevant documents as a passport, visa, flight tickets, admission letter from the university
- Prepare enough cash for the first two weeks or get a debit card that can be used in any major Chinese bank ATM (consult with your local bank card issuer). Remember that you will need to pay your tuition fee on the registration date
- Fill in the Student Arrival Form HERE
We wish a Happy Chinese New Year to all our students and universities!!!
China Admissions Team