The admissions process for September 2021 intake in Chinese universities has just kicked off. Check universities who are now accepting applicants here.
How to Apply for September 2021 Intake
Complete your university application in China in three easy steps!
1. Search for your preferred university/program and click apply.
2. Complete the online application form and submit your application documents. Requirements vary depending on the university or degree, but these are the most basic requirements:
- Passport copy
- Graduation certificate
- Passport size photo
- Official transcript
- Two recommendation letters (written and signed by your teachers/professors with their contact details)
- Personal statement letter
- Physical examination form
3. Pay your application fee.
After these three steps, wait for your application ID. We will also provide you with feedback and regular updates on your application. Check out this step-by-step application guide if you would like to read more.
Frequently asked questions
1) What will happen to the September 2021 intake?
Admissions is going ahead as normal but how classes will be delivered depends on the COVID-19 situation, the policies in China and the university policies. As September 2021 intake nears, Chinese universities are expected to announce student notices and arrangements for students.
2) When will international students be allowed entry to China?
As of February 2021, travel restrictions are still in place for international students. Only Korean students have been allowed to come back to China. It is not possible to know when the policy will change. Wait for official news and check your university from time to time for updates.
3) How will classes be delivered for March 2021 intake?
If the situation remains the same, Chinese universities will likely follow the current study arrangement for students. Those who are in China can attend in-person classes while those outside will attend classes online. This is while waiting for policy changes.
4) What if I can’t submit all application documents by the deadline?
Many Chinese universities have exercised flexible admissions policies because of the current situation. Students have been allowed to submit electronic copies of credentials. Universities are also more considerate of delays and online interviews. But as previously mentioned, this will depend on the situation.
5) What measures are in place to ensure the safety of international students in China?
All Chinese universities are mandated to implement strict health measures including ventilation, emergency drills, set up ties with hospitals and disinfection to ensure safety.
6) Should I apply for September 2021 intake now?
Yes, you should apply for September 2021 intake. If you apply early, you increase your chances of getting accepted. You will also have more opportunities for scholarships. If you apply via China Admissions now, your application will be among the first to be processed by universities. We will also check it for free and give you feedback.
China Admissions will continue to monitor the situation and provide you with the latest news and updates. In the meantime, you can continue with your application here.