Here is a 25th April update. The situation is developing so we can encourage you to check for updates frequently.
We have recently been giving information sessions for students and a number of you are asking for updates about admissions and September 2020 start date and coronavirus possibilities.
Coronavirus Situation in China
The situation in China for the coronavirus is under control and being managed well. There are very few new cases each day (less than 30-40 in the entire country). Life is getting back to normal, shops, restaurants and offices are opening, although there are still restrictions. We still need to keep discipline.
Currently international students are not allowed to return to China.
All universities in China are currently teaching online. Some universities have offered Online Classes to new students. While Jiangsu University has resumed classes now for local chinese students. We are waiting for updates as to when the other universities are able to resume in person classes.
Admissions Update for September 2020
Admissions in China are going ahead as normal for September 2020 intake.
There has been some flexibility for you if you are not able to get all your documents due to the restrictions in your country (such as passport, medical check, recommendation letters, IELTS, GMAT). You can apply now and send these documents later.
September 2020 Intake Update
September intake is 5 months away, and the coronavirus started 5 months ago. It is difficult to predict the exact situation in 5 months.
We are fully expecting the September semester to go ahead as normal for students who are in China right now.
All university dates have stayed the same but CEIBS MBA has delayed the start date of September 2020 to October 2020 and their summer program from June 2020 to August 2020.
Whether all the students who are outside China are able to come to China, will depend on the virus situation overseas and how that spreads. We are expecting the situation to improve internationally, however if it doesn’t improve internationally, it is unlikely that if there are many virus cases overseas that students will be able to come to China.
If some countries manage to reduce the cases substantially, it also might be the case that some students are able to come to China, and others are not able to come depending on the cases in their country. It is possible that students may need to do a test before leaving their country, and stay in a hotel when arriving in China for 2 weeks to ensure they are not carrying coronavirus.
If September is cancelled or you are not able to come for those reasons, the universities in China are being very reasonable and will likely give you your tuition deposit back, or allow you to defer until next semester.
Either way, the cost of applying may be $80 – 150 USD to September 2020 intake can be seen as an insurance policy and give you the option which you can decide later whether to come finally, or defer it to later.
You can apply to programs for September 2020 or 2021 intake here.
While September intake is 5 months away. You might also like to use this time to learn online and enroll on online classes. You can search here.
We wish you and your family good health and hope you can keep growing and learning during this time.