Ph.D. in Ecological Environment Protection and Management
Introduction to the Program
The Ph.D. in Ecological Environment Protection and Management at Beijing Normal University (BNU) is a three-year program for international students taught in English.
About Beijing Normal University
Beijing Normal University, a key university under the administration of the Ministry of Education, is a renowned institution of higher education known for teacher education, education science and basic learning in both the arts and the sciences. For more info visit the page here.
Start Date of the Program
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health
- Applicants should not be a registered student at a China’s university at the time of application or a graduating degree student at a China’s university who plan to apply for the 2018 entry into the doctoral program
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40
- Applicants must first visit http://apply.bnu.edu.cn/ and complete the online application procedure. The following application materials should be posted or sent in person to BNU International Students Office by April 30th, 2018.
- BNU Application Form for International Student (on completion of the online application form it must be downloaded and printed. Please stick the photo and ensure that the application form is signed by the applicant and his/her guarantor.
- Recommendation letters from two associate professors or scholars with higher academic titles. There is no specified format for the recommendation letters and all letters must be signed by the referee.
- Completed Personal Statement Form
- Applicants for Master’s Degree programs should submit an original or notarized copy of their undergraduate academic transcripts and Bachelor’s degree certificate and graduation certificate (in Chinese or English) Applicants for Ph.D. programs should submit an original or notarized copy of their postgraduate results transcript, Master’s degree certificate (in Chinese or English), and the Chinese abstract of their Master’s degree dissertation. Applicants who will graduate in 2018 must submit Expectation Certificate of Graduation. After being admitted by the University, the documents must be submitted when registering in BNU. Otherwise, the admission will be canceled.
- HSK certificate and results transcript or other documents which prove the applicant’s Chinese language proficiency
- 600 RMB Application fee. Please pay it online or by cash. The application fee is needed for a scholarship application.
- One passport-sized photo (not include the one on the form, with the name of the applicant and the faculty/department applied for written on the back)
- Two photocopies of applicant’s passport information page (this must be a valid, ordinary passport)
- Please submit any published academic papers, patents, or other academic achievements (originals or copies)
The tuition fees are RMB41,400 per year. The total for the 3-year program is 124,200 RMB.
There are a total of 6 international student dorms in BNU. For further information on the accommodation at Beijing Normal University (BNU) visit the accommodation page here.