Master’s in Traffic and Transportation Engineering
Introduction to the Program
The Master’s in Traffic and Transportation Engineering at Beijing Jiaotong University is a two-year program taught in English for international students.
About Beijing Jiaotong University
As one of the first group of universities accepted into the “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”, Beijing Jiaotong University contributes to joint talents training program of industry and institute with rail traffic and local economic development of Beijing by taking advantage of good cooperation with industry based on experimental majors of “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”. To increase the practical ability of students, BJTU has cooperation with Nanjing Railway Vocational College, Shanxi Railway Engineering Vocational College, Zhengzhou Railway Vocational College, Guangzhou Railway Vocational College, Guiyang Vocational Technology College and Jilin Railway Vocational College etc. To provide practical opportunity and platform for students to grow into top international engineers who are good at both theory and practice.
The Master Program in Traffic and Transportation Engineering of Beijing Jiaotong University (BJTU) is based on the discipline of Traffic and Transportation Engineering, which is the most featured in BJTU. The discipline, with a history of 120 years, has had a global academic reputation and influence. The teaching and research team participated in the whole process of the development of China railways, such as plateau railway (Qinghai-Tibet railway), heavy load railway (Datong-Qinhuangdao railway), high-speed railway, railway technical improvement and speed increase. Students admitted to the Master Program of Traffic and Transportation Engineering will systematically learn and master the basic theory and technical methods of railway operation and management and will have the ability of independent scientific research by participating in scientific research and engineering practice under the guidance of a tutor. The graduates of the master program are qualified to become professionals in railway operation and management.
- It is fully in ENGLISH MEDIUM – The instruction of the courses, the writing, and assessment of the project report and thesis are all in English
- It is conducted by STONG FACULTY TEAM – The faculty teams of the programs are mainly composed of professors and associate professors, all of whom have a doctoral degree and overseas education or working experience. Foreign teachers and experts are available for lectures
- You will enjoy SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES – International students will have the opportunities to take part in their tutor’s scientific research team and projects
- STUDY GROUP will give you a hand – International students will get the assistance from outstanding Chinese postgraduate classmates for an easier adjustment to the new environment and better understanding of the new knowledge
- SCHOLARSHIPS are available – BJTU will provide Chinese Government Scholarship for the program
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, 2 recommendations by associate professors or above, to be approved of by the target university. At least
2 years of working experience is required for MBA program applicants. Language requirements for English-taught programs: TOEFL 68(IBT) or IELTS 5.5 or pass English test of BJTU.
- Photocopy (scanned copy or facsimiled copy) of passport details.
- Your recent photo with white background and minimum size 640 × 480 pixels, or eight pieces of printed copies with size 30 by 40mm when sent by post.
- Notarized diploma and transcripts in English or Chinese (originals should be produced at registration).
- HSK Level 4 Certificate (degree programs taught in Chinese) or English Proficiency Certificate (degree programs taught in English).
- Applicants for Master’s or doctoral programs should provide two recommendation letters by associate professors or above and a study plan at a minimum of 800 words with a detailed description of the contents or field information during the study in China.
- Financial Prove (this requirement is for fee-paying students, full government scholarship applicants are exempt from this requirement), students should provide financial proof that shows sufficient fund available to study at BJTU for the entire study period. Bank statement under the student’s name is preferred. If parents or other person is financing student’s study in China, then the bank statement of this financial sponsor and a letter from the sponsor stating he/she will sponsor the student’s all cost when a study at BJTU should be provided.
- Physical Examination Result (Please download the physical examination form on study.bjtu.edu.cn, complete the form by a certified health provider and upload the form together with the necessary test result)
- Personal Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
This is a 2 years’ program. Master program of Traffic and Transportation Engineering requires the students achieve at least 32 credits. The courses are shown below.
- General Requisite (7credits) – Chinese Culture, Basic Chinese, Information Retrieval
- Foundation Theory Course (2 credits) – Data Analysis Method and Software Application
- Subject Requisite (4 credits) – Railway Foundation and Technical Facility, Railway Transportation Organization Optimize Theory and Technology
- Subject Elective (14 credits) – Railway Station and Junction Design, Railway Passenger Service, Modern Cargo Transportation Technology, Railway Transportation Modernize Technology, Railway Transportation Safety Management, High-speed Railway Operation Management, Railway Heavy Load Transportation Organization, Logistic and Supply-chain Management, Traffic Economy Theory
- Practice (5 credits) – Forefront of Talks, Engineer Case Analysis and Design, Traffic Software Apply and Practice
January 15 for the spring semester, July 15 for the fall semester.
Start Date of the program
March 1 for the spring semester, September 1 for the fall semester.
The tuition fees are 35,000 RMB per year. The total fee for the two-year program is 70,000 RMB.
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be processed and before an admissions decision is given. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.