Master’s in Software Engineering
Introduction to the Program
The Master’s in Software Engineering at Beijing Jiaotong University is a two-year program taught in English for international students.
About Beijing Jiaotong University
As one of the first group of universities accepted into the “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”, Beijing Jiaotong University contributes to joint talents training program of industry and institute with rail traffic and local economic development of Beijing by taking advantage of good cooperation with industry based on experimental majors of “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”. To increase the practical ability of students, BJTU has cooperation with Nanjing Railway Vocational College, Shanxi Railway Engineering Vocational College, Zhengzhou Railway Vocational College, Guangzhou Railway Vocational College, Guiyang Vocational Technology College and Jilin Railway Vocational College etc. To provide practical opportunity and platform for students to grow into top international engineers who are good at both theory and practice.
Since its inception, School of Software Engineering(SSE) insists on reform and innovation. SSE has established cooperative relations with 24 famous universities and 34 well-known enterprises, actively carrying out joint programs, double degree programs and student exchange programs with European and American universities. International students and Chinese students study in the same class without limitation in course selection. SSE’s graduates, most of whom work in government departments, financial institutions, IT enterprises and research institutes, keep the employment rate 100% for eight consecutive years.
- English Environment – Open about 40 English courses per year; Recruit foreign students and Chinese students, who work together to learn, live and communicate, to achieve the multicultural integration
- Faculty Team – Recruit a large number of foreign experts to teach or deliver lectures; Regularly send our teachers abroad to exchange and study; establish international scientific research cooperation; improve international teaching, scientific research level, and build an international faculty team
- Training Project – Carry out curriculum cooperation in combination with training project system with Microsoft, Thomson Reuters, Neusoft, Sony Ericsson and other enterprises. Build together with IBM a course system on information management direction
- Internship – do internships in well-known enterprises in China such as IBM, Rentabiliweb Telecom (a French company), IT consults @ Shanghai, do droid technology etc. Or in France, The United States and other countries: Gyl Solutions, Pomkaa (Paris, France), Genymobile Company, Intacct, La DISFE, etc
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, 2 recommendations by associate professors or above, to be approved of by the target university. At least
2 years of working experience is required for MBA program applicants. Language requirements for English-taught programs: TOEFL 68(IBT) or IELTS 5.5 or pass English test of BJTU.
- Photocopy (scanned copy or facsimiled copy) of passport details.
- Your recent photo with white background and minimum size 640 × 480 pixels, or eight pieces of printed copies with size 30 by 40mm when sent by post.
- Notarized diploma and transcripts in English or Chinese (originals should be produced at registration).
- HSK Level 4 Certificate (degree programs taught in Chinese) or English Proficiency Certificate (degree programs taught in English).
- Applicants for Master’s or doctoral programs should provide two recommendation letters by associate professors or above and a study plan at a minimum of 800 words with a detailed description of the contents or field information during the study in China.
- Financial Prove (this requirement is for fee-paying students, full government scholarship applicants are exempt from this requirement), students should provide financial proof that shows sufficient fund available to study at BJTU for the entire study period. Bank statement under the student’s name is preferred. If parents or other person is financing student’s study in China, then the bank statement of this financial sponsor and a letter from the sponsor stating he/she will sponsor the student’s all cost when a study at BJTU should be provided.
- Physical Examination Result (Please download the physical examination form on study.bjtu.edu.cn, complete the form by a certified health provider and upload the form together with the necessary test result)
- Personal Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
The period of Full-time master’s candidates is normally 2 years. The master program requires international students to obtain 34 credits at the minimum. The course study should be completed within one year and the software engineering internship is not less than 6 months.
- General courses (10 credits) – Including Basic Level Chinese, Spoken Chinese, High-Level Chinese
- Major Specialty Courses
Software Project Management, Software Requirement
Engineering, Advanced Software Architecture, Software Quality
Assurance, Advanced Operating system, Software Process
Management, Software Metrics, Web Service Development Technology, Embedded Operating System, Embedded System Application Development, Internet of Things Technology, Database development, management, and optimization, Big data fusion and data warehouse, Data Mining and Data Analyzing, Mobile Application Development, Game Tool Development, Game Design and Implementation, Information Security: Technology and Application, Web Full Stack Development, Embedded Software Development based on Android etc. 3.Practice (4 credits): P Practice courses, internships, engineering training are assessed and scored by graduate student’s supervisor based on their internship process or their performance of participation in supervisors’ researches, valued at 6 credits
- Project Training (8 credits) – Software Project Training I, Software Project Training II
- Internship (4 credits) – Software Engineering Internship in China or other places
January 15 for the spring semester, July 15 for the fall semester.
Start Date of the program
March 1 for the spring semester, September 1 for the fall semester.
The tuition fees are 35,000 RMB per year. The total fee for the two-year program is 70,000 RMB.
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be processed and before an admissions decision is given. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.