Bachelor’s in Software Engineering
Introduction to the Program
The Bachelor’s in Software Engineering at Beijing Jiaotong University is a four-year program taught in English for international students.
About Beijing Jiaotong University
As one of the first group of universities accepted into the “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”, Beijing Jiaotong University contributes to joint talents training program of industry and institute with rail traffic and local economic development of Beijing by taking advantage of good cooperation with industry based on experimental majors of “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”. To increase the practical ability of students, BJTU has cooperation with Nanjing Railway Vocational College, Shanxi Railway Engineering Vocational College, Zhengzhou Railway Vocational College, Guangzhou Railway Vocational College, Guiyang Vocational Technology College and Jilin Railway Vocational College etc. To provide practical opportunity and platform for students to grow into top international engineers who are good at both theory and practice.
Found in 2003, the School of Software Engineering (SSE) became one of the National Pilot Software Engineering Schools among 37 universities first accredited by Ministry of Education. Aiming at being a top-ranked international school and educating innovative software engineers, School of Software Engineering offers students unique education by emphasizing on industry-oriented, real-world project capacity, team spirit and hands-on practical experience to match industry requirements. SSE has established a concrete cooperative relationship with reputed universities and well-known enterprises from all over the world, taking bilingual teaching as one of the core factors to internationalization. SSE won the evaluation of national talent training model Innovation Experimental area, national excellent teaching team, Beijing experimental Teaching Demonstration center.
Applicants should be a non-Chinese citizen in good health over 18, well-behaved and capable of living independently. Diploma equivalent to a Chinese secondary school certificate is required. Language requirements for English-taught programs: TOEFL 68(IBT) or IELTS 5.5 or pass English test of BJTU.
- Photocopy (scanned copy or facsimiled copy) of passport details.
- Your recent photo with white background and minimum size 640 × 480 pixels, or eight pieces of printed copies with size 30 by 40mm when sent by post.
- Notarized diploma and transcripts in English or Chinese (originals should be produced at registration).
- HSK Level 4 Certificate (degree programs taught in Chinese) or English Proficiency Certificate (degree programs taught in English).
- Financial Prove (this requirement is for fee-paying students, full government scholarship applicants are exempt from this requirement), students should provide financial proof that shows sufficient fund available to study at BJTU for the entire study period. Bank statement under the student’s name is preferred. If parents or other person is financing student’s study in China, then the bank statement of this financial sponsor and a letter from the sponsor stating he/she will sponsor the student’s all cost when a study at BJTU should be provided.
- Physical Examination Result (Please download the physical examination form on study.bjtu.edu.cn, complete the form by a certified health provider and upload the form together with the necessary test result)
- Personal Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
Major Fundamental Courses: Object-Oriented Programming and DesignIntroduction to Software Engineering, Data Structure, Computer Network, Operating System, Database System, Software System Analysis and Design, Software Architecture, Software Project Management, Software Testing Technology and Practice, Discrete Mathematics etc.
Major Courses: Software and Intellectual Property Law, Principles of Computer Organization, Algorithm Design and Practice, C++ Programming, Information Security – Principles and Practice, User Interface Design and Evaluation, Web Developing Technologies, Mobile Application Development, Data Mining and Data Analysis etc.
January 15 for the spring semester, July 15 for the fall semester.
Start Date of the program
March 1 for the spring semester, September 1 for the fall semester.
The tuition fees are 33800 RMB per year. The total fee for the four-year program is 135,200 RMB.
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be processed and before an admissions decision is given. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.