Bachelor’s in Rail Traffic Signal and Control
Introduction to the Program
The Bachelor’s in Rail Traffic Signal and Control at Beijing Jiaotong University is a four-year program taught in English for international students.
About Beijing Jiaotong University
As one of the first group of universities accepted into the “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”, Beijing Jiaotong University contributes to joint talents training program of industry and institute with rail traffic and local economic development of Beijing by taking advantage of good cooperation with industry based on experimental majors of “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”. To increase the practical ability of students, BJTU has cooperation with Nanjing Railway Vocational College, Shanxi Railway Engineering Vocational College, Zhengzhou Railway Vocational College, Guangzhou Railway Vocational College, Guiyang Vocational Technology College and Jilin Railway Vocational College etc. To provide practical opportunity and platform for students to grow into top international engineers who are good at both theory and practice.
This major had a long history in BJTU. It relies on the national key discipline of “Traffic Information Engineering & Control”, State Key Laboratory of Rail Transit Control and Safety, National Engineering Research Center of Rail Transportation Operation and Control System, Beijing Key Laboratory of Urban Rail Transport Automation and Control, National Teaching Demonstration Center of Electrotechnics and Electronics, National Teaching Demonstration Center of Electronic Information Experiment. National Teaching Center of Rail Transportation Communication and Control Virtual Simulation Experiment. The expected outcome of the program is to foster talents with good engineering quality. Students are expected to be able to master the basic theory of automation and major fundamental knowledge, be able to work in group, express themselves fluently in the major area, have international vision, be able to innovate, can adapt to career development, be able to work in research, design, manufacture, operate and management in the area of rail traffic signal & control.
Applicants should be a non-Chinese citizen in good health over 18, well-behaved and capable of living independently. Diploma equivalent to a Chinese secondary school certificate is required. Language requirements for English-taught programs: TOEFL 68(IBT) or IELTS 5.5 or pass English test of BJTU.
- Photocopy (scanned copy or facsimiled copy) of passport details.
- Your recent photo with white background and minimum size 640 × 480 pixels, or eight pieces of printed copies with size 30 by 40mm when sent by post.
- Notarized diploma and transcripts in English or Chinese (originals should be produced at registration).
- HSK Level 4 Certificate (degree programs taught in Chinese) or English Proficiency Certificate (degree programs taught in English).
- Financial Prove (this requirement is for fee-paying students, full government scholarship applicants are exempt from this requirement), students should provide financial proof that shows sufficient fund available to study at BJTU for the entire study period. Bank statement under the student’s name is preferred. If parents or other person is financing student’s study in China, then the bank statement of this financial sponsor and a letter from the sponsor stating he/she will sponsor the student’s all cost when a study at BJTU should be provided.
- Physical Examination Result (Please download the physical examination form on study.bjtu.edu.cn, complete the form by a certified health provider and upload the form together with the necessary test result)
- Personal Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
Major Fundamental Courses: Circuit Analysis, Signal and System, Analog Circuits, Digital Signal Processing, Electromagnetic field, and electromagnetic compatibility, Digital Electronics Technology, Principle and Interface Technology of Microcomputer, Classical Control Theory, Train Operational and Control Technology etc.
Major Courses: Fundamental of Railway Signal, Automatic Station Signaling Control Systems, Railway Traffic Control Automation, Infrastructure of Railway Signaling Systems, Automation of Marshaling Yard, Fundamentals of System Safety, Anti-interference Techniques on Railway Signaling, Modern Traffic Control System, Rail Operations Management etc.
January 15 for the spring semester, July 15 for the fall semester.
Start Date of the program
March 1 for the spring semester, September 1 for the fall semester.
The tuition fees are 33800 RMB per year. The total fee for the four-year program is 135,200 RMB.
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be processed and before an admissions decision is given. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.