Bachelor’s in Communication Engineering
Introduction to the Program
The Bachelor’s in Communication Engineering at Beijing Jiaotong University is a four-year program taught in English for international students.
About Beijing Jiaotong University
As one of the first group of universities accepted into the “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”, Beijing Jiaotong University contributes to joint talents training program of industry and institute with rail traffic and local economic development of Beijing by taking advantage of good cooperation with industry based on experimental majors of “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”. To increase the practical ability of students, BJTU has cooperation with Nanjing Railway Vocational College, Shanxi Railway Engineering Vocational College, Zhengzhou Railway Vocational College, Guangzhou Railway Vocational College, Guiyang Vocational Technology College and Jilin Railway Vocational College etc. To provide practical opportunity and platform for students to grow into top international engineers who are good at both theory and practice.
It is a national feathered major. Having a history of 100 years, hundreds of senior talents in research development and application management for the field of communication and information engineering. There are two national key disciplines which are “communication & information system” and “signal & information processing” with research platform such as national engineering lab “Interconnection Equipment of Next Generation Internet”, national key lab of “Electromagnetism Compatibility”, key lab of “Optical Network and Modern Communication Network of Ministry of Education”, key lab of Beijing “Communication and information system”. There are also national teaching platforms such as “National Electrician and Electron Teaching Base”, “National Electrician and Electron Experiment Teaching Center” and “National Electronic Information Experiment Teaching Center”. Based on advantages of the discipline, BJTU educates talents who have an international vision, understanding of international rules and have the ability to both compete and cooperate to work in research, technic, and management position. by programs including “Experimental Bachelor class with Master track in Communication Engineering”, “Siyuan Class of Communication Engineering” and “Experimental International Class for Communication Engineering”.
Applicants should be a non-Chinese citizen in good health over 18, well-behaved and capable of living independently. Diploma equivalent to a Chinese secondary school certificate is required. Language requirements for English-taught programs: TOEFL 68(IBT) or IELTS 5.5 or pass English test of BJTU.
- Photocopy (scanned copy or facsimiled copy) of passport details.
- Your recent photo with white background and minimum size 640 × 480 pixels, or eight pieces of printed copies with size 30 by 40mm when sent by post.
- Notarized diploma and transcripts in English or Chinese (originals should be produced at registration).
- HSK Level 4 Certificate (degree programs taught in Chinese) or English Proficiency Certificate (degree programs taught in English).
- Financial Prove (this requirement is for fee-paying students, full government scholarship applicants are exempt from this requirement), students should provide financial proof that shows sufficient fund available to study at BJTU for the entire study period. Bank statement under the student’s name is preferred. If parents or other person is financing student’s study in China, then the bank statement of this financial sponsor and a letter from the sponsor stating he/she will sponsor the student’s all cost when a study at BJTU should be provided.
- Physical Examination Result (Please download the physical examination form on study.bjtu.edu.cn, complete the form by a certified health provider and upload the form together with the necessary test result)
- Personal Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
Major Fundamental Courses: Circuit Analysis, Signal and System, Analog Circuits, Digital Signal Processing, Electromagnetic field and electromagnetic compatibility, Digital Electronics Technology, Principle and Interface Technology of Microcomputer;
Major Courses: Computer Network, Principle of Communication, Fundamental of Information Theory, Theory Base of Communication Network, Fundamental of Optical Communication Technology, Fundamentals of Wireless Communication, Communication Electronic Circuit, Optical Communication Network, Microwave Technology, Wireless Access Technology, Modern Switching Technology, Information Security Technology.
January 15 for the spring semester, July 15 for the fall semester.
Start Date of the program
March 1 for the spring semester, September 1 for the fall semester.
The tuition fees are 33800 RMB per year. The total fee for the four-year program is 135,200 RMB.
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be processed and before an admissions decision is given. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.